Copyright

All content is provided for your reading enjoyment. Please do not copy/use anything from this site for publication, contests, or personal gain. I am delighted to share my pages with you; if you use something, please give me credit and refer to my blog. Thanks. Dianne

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Lose your fear

“The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can.”   Neil Gaiam

I love this quote!  There IS no wrong, so lose your fear of being wrong and do it!  
 
When I first decided I wanted to get in touch with my creative side, I didn't know where to start, and then I didn't want to do it wrong.  The perfectionist in me reared its ugly head and told me I wasn't creative - that nothing I did would be good enough.   The realist in me got busy and found me a quote - "To be creative, you must lose your fear of being wrong."  

So, a year later, am I an artist? a writer? a poet? Yes, I am - as only I can be!  Do I measure up to the likes of Monet, Dickens, Frost?  No, and I don't want to.  Am I having fun?  Absolutely!  So if putting your work out there gives you a moment's pause, stop comparing yourself to Monet. You are YOU, and your creation is a part of YOU.  It is wonderful - just like you are!

http://gertiessimplethings@blogspot.com  If you encounter a problem leaving a comment, (quite a few people have) please email me:
dyeconley@gmail.com.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment