Copyright

All content is provided for your reading enjoyment. Please do not copy/use anything from this site for publication, contests, or personal gain. I am delighted to share my pages with you; if you use something, please give me credit and refer to my blog. Thanks. Dianne

Sunday, July 21, 2013

FYV: Lesson 4 Sunny, Scrambled Sunday

Lesson 4: Prompt 3 Pick out two photographic storytelling styles and tell the same story using different styles.

                    Recipe: Scrambled Eggs
6 eggs
1/3 cup milk
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper


STEP 1     Break eggs into bowl.



STEP 2    Add milk, salt and pepper.

step 3   Mix eggs with fork or whisk.



STEP 4    Spray skillet with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium heat.  
Pour in egg mixture and immediately reduce heat to medium-low.


STEP 5    As eggs begin to set, gently move spatula across bottom and side
of skillet to form large, soft curds.
Cook until eggs are thickened.




STEP 6    Spoon into bowl and serve.





 And the story/photo part...





 The Guys' Sunny Scrambled Sunday


“Bub, it’s Guys’ Sunny Scrambled Sunday.  We’re making breakfast this morning,” Dad was shaking me to wake me up.

My  eyes flew open. I love Guys’ Sunny Scrambled Sundays! That means Dad and I  take over the kitchen and fix breakfast for the family.  I can almost make the scrambled eggs all by myself.
Maybe today I will!

In the kitchen, I washed my hands again.  You always have to wash your hands before you touch any food or cook anything. That was one of the first things Dad taught me.

“Dad, I’ve got the eggs. I don’t need any help.” Let’s see – get the stool and get the bowl. I can reach the eggs and other stuff – I mean ingredients – that go in the eggs.  I’m ready! Today, I am going to do this all by myself!

Careful, careful - break the first egg into the bowl. The first egg is always the hardest, you know. Once that one is in, somehow the others are easier.  Hey! I broke all the eggs and didn’t get any shell in the bowl!  Sometimes that happens, you know. Then you have to fish it out. When I was littler, I would be trying to get the shell out and forget about fixing the eggs! Now I just scoop it out!
                

OK, we measure the milk and pour it in the bowl. Then put in the salt and pepper. This is the  measuring spoon to use. Did you know that ¼ and ¼ was the same as ½ of a teaspoon; and that two of those was the same as 1 teaspoon?  

Now you just beat, beat, beat the eggs up!



Now comes the best part. It’s a little scary being this close to the hot stove; Dad fixes the heat for me.





Now just pour the eggs into the pan and stir it till the magic happens.  Look!  The eggs turn into lumps!  They are scrambled eggs!  Now, just scoop the eggs out into the bowl and  they are sunny scrumptious ready to eat!



“Dad, are you finished? The eggs are ready.”

It's a sunny, scrambled Sunday!  

 BREAKFAST, EVERYBODY!

                              

 If you encounter a problem leaving a comment, (quite a few people have) please email me:
dyeconley@gmail.com.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment